Monday, March 31, 2008

Welcome to the Final Four

Welcome to the final four. Of course by final four we mean Susie, Tim, Diane and Tom.

I know you all think that I should be working on my taxes, but I really have no interest in paying the government money. Since almost all of the Schneider cup participants have, in one way or another, lived off the government dollar I am sure you understand my reluctance to continue sending money to the IRS. Instead, I have been spending my time deciding what has to happen for our final four participants to win the coveted cup, in 2008.

As I see it the following scenarios are the final word:

  • If North Carolina makes it to the finals and wins, it is Susie's cup
  • If North Carolina goes to the finals, but loses to UCLA Diane gets her 5th cup in the last nine years. (How can this happen?)
  • If UCLA wins it all and the final game is against Kansas, Tim wins.
  • If Kansas beats UCLA in the final, Susie wins. Tom cannot get enough points from a Kansas win to overcome Susie's points going into the finals.
  • If Kansas loses to Memphis in the finals, Susie wins.
  • If Kansas beats Memphis in the finals, then Tom ("worst to first") gets his name on the cup for the first time.
Does anyone see it any differently.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see that it is time to do taxes. Susie

Pennyfeather said...

I agree with your assessment. I think that you should pay your taxes, and in turn, stop paying your Home Owner Associaion Dues.

Anonymous said...

Tom cannot win. He is 190 points behind me and only difference is who wins finals. If Kansas wins he gets 160 points. Not enough.

If Kansas beats NC, I win. If NC wins I'm out. Then its up to final game between Diane and Susie.

No tax advice here.

Pennyfeather said...

SOOOOO. Its been 4 days! who won?